Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Building a Fender Strat from scratch! Part 2

Okay - I have assembled all the necessary parts, I think, except for one: a simple 5 way switch. I ended up with a 5way SuperSwitch, but I don't know if I can use it, for the reasons outlined in a later post. Here's the list of parts:
  • Mahogany Strat body - Fender USA 2004
  • Fender USA 60th Anniversary neck - 2006 (mmmmmmm), with LSR nut, abalone dots
  • Brushed chrome Sperzels (already installed them)
  • Fender Deluxe neckplate
  • B-W-B SSS pickguard (I might get a black mirror or solid black one in the future)
  • Black AllParts Wilkinson VS100 bridge (see previous post for more on this)
  • Kinman AVN pickups (currently on my PRS SE)
  • Clapton mid-boost circuit (active circuit with volume, TBX, mid-boost)
  • Black jackplate
  • Black pickguard screws
  • Some interesting black knobs I pulled off a Spector NS-6 (korean)
I haven't pulled the Kinman pickups out of the PRS yet, since I need it for gigging. Not sure what I will do with the PRS, one of the nicest guitars I own. Let it be known that, IMHO, Korean-made PRS SE guitars are some of the nicest you will find in the price range. A true steal, and lend themselves very well to upgrades - pickups, tuners, bridges, etc. Where else will you find a mahogany body, mahogany set neck, rosewood fretboard, PRS tremolo, 25" scale for so cheap? Even the ceramic-magnet pickups sounded OK, although I don't know why they put 500k pots in it. Really bright! I also own a PRS Tremonti SE upgraded with TonePros bridge and SD pickups. Anyway, I'll talk about all my guitars in another post.

I'll get started putting the guitar together later this week maybe...I have to make some sort of bushing puller first...

Cheers,
p

No comments:

Post a Comment